Author Topic: Digero Please Fix Target Info :)
muneman
Registered: ????
Extended Info (if available)
Real Post Cnt: 0
User ID: 0
Subject: Digero Please Fix Target Info :)
I so miss this awesome plugin happy

-----signature-----
Link to this post
LingMei
Title: ACVault Staff
Lingie Bunny

Registered: Mar 18, '01
Extended Info (if available)
Real Post Cnt: 13,810
User ID: 75,886
Hee hee happy

In Digi's defense, ( love ) I don't think that it is the plug in that isn't working, but something with messages.xml, because Einstein It! isn't working in much the same way. They seem to see creature debuffs, but they don't recognize when vulns or imperil are put on a monster, so Einstein It! just repeats the same monster over and over (And Target Info just isn't showing the imps/vulns at all on the monster in the target HUD, although it does show creature debuffs).

So, I'm not sure this is something in Decal's messages that needs to be fixed, or if a new version of both plug-ins is needed, but I thought I read a post by Digi that explained it wasn't really 'broken'.

Either way, I can understand you missing it, a friend of mine uses it when I'm imperiling, and that way she knows which mobs to kill first, and she's been grumbling a lot of late happy

Not a huge major issue, but yes, something that'd be great to have back.

-----signature-----
rose Ling Mei - Veteran Swordswoman
rose Lingie - Abu's Health-Addicted Support Mage
Directionally Impaired in AC since 1999
The sun itself sees not 'till heaven clears.
Link to this post
Tofino
Title: Pika! Pika!
Pika-noob!

Registered: May 14, '01
Extended Info (if available)
Real Post Cnt: 35,352
User ID: 96,367
Yep, I love Target Info. I prefer not to use El, not for any philosophical reasons but just because it does too much I don't want it to and "turn the stuff you don't need, off" doesn't really appeal to me. I like having tightly focused plugins for each purpose.

-----signature-----
WoW - Dawnbringer - Horde
- Chef Tofi (BE Tankdin) - Tofino (Orc Hunter) - Tofidots (BE Lock)
Link to this post
Digero
Registered: Oct 21, '02
Extended Info (if available)
Real Post Cnt: 7,359
User ID: 729,875
Unfortunatley, it may be few more days until I can take a look at it. I had my last final on thursday, moved out of my dorm on friday, and am about to go away for the long weekend.

Anyways, from people's description of the problem, it sounds like maybe the particle effect IDs for some of the spells have changed. If anyone knows how to write a simple Decal plugin to use EchoFilter to listen to the 0xF755 message and figure out what the effect IDs are for each type of vuln, you can update the IDs in debuff_data.xml in the Target Info folder to see if that fixes the problem.

As far as it not being "broken," I had originally thought it wasn't working because the Decal Devs were still finding things that needed to be updated in messages.xml. At this point, it looks like they've updated messages.xml as much as was needed, and now I'll need to update Target Info to handle the protocol changes.

-----signature-----
[LotRO] Digero (Guardian), Digrim (Burglar), Dignite (LM), Azrea (Hunter) - Landroval
[AC] Digero, Lyera, Draxxe - Leafcull (Retired)
[CoH] Devil's Zealot, Scinta, Izzard - Guardian (Retired)
Digero's AC Decal Plugins: http://decal.acasylum.com
Link to this post
LingMei
Title: ACVault Staff
Lingie Bunny

Registered: Mar 18, '01
Extended Info (if available)
Real Post Cnt: 13,810
User ID: 75,886
Congratulations on finishing out the year Digi! Take a long weekend and enjoy yourself, and most of all, have fun! happy You know if I could do the EchoFilter thing I'd be more than happy to help, but alas, Lingie is not a programmer wink

But s'okie, I'm not impatient either, and I'm sure Target Info, and Einstein will get updated soon. love

-----signature-----
rose Ling Mei - Veteran Swordswoman
rose Lingie - Abu's Health-Addicted Support Mage
Directionally Impaired in AC since 1999
The sun itself sees not 'till heaven clears.
Link to this post
Ftuoil_XelRasH
Registered: Feb 9, '01
Extended Info (if available)
Real Post Cnt: 9,713
User ID: 67,385
Digero posted:
[...]

I have a PK vul detection plug-in and suddenly this month it confuses someone putting a major on as a Vul so yes, something is either wrong in the messages or effects changed.
I have not had time to look either but will report back what i find if needed.

-----signature-----
Killing Farmers since 1999!
http://ac.circleofseven.com
Link to this post
ElgarL
Registered: ????
Extended Info (if available)
Real Post Cnt: 0
User ID: 0
Most likely this is just a high byte problem the same as we saw in another packet this week. If someone is able to test I can provide a 'possible fix' (new messages.xml).

If it's right I'll submit the fix to be updated in decal.

It seems my guess was right -- the effect IDs for the life spells changed (all increased by 1). I don't think that could be caused by a high byte issue (in which case, the IDs would all be over ~65000). Anyways, I updated debuff_data.xml for Target Info. Just unzip this over the one that's currently in the Target Info folder.

debuff_data.zip

Let me know if this fixes the problems.

-----signature-----
[LotRO] Digero (Guardian), Digrim (Burglar), Dignite (LM), Azrea (Hunter) - Landroval
[AC] Digero, Lyera, Draxxe - Leafcull (Retired)
[CoH] Devil's Zealot, Scinta, Izzard - Guardian (Retired)
Digero's AC Decal Plugins: http://decal.acasylum.com
Link to this post
Striderlongshanks
Registered: ????
Extended Info (if available)
Real Post Cnt: 0
User ID: 0
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!

One of my fav plugins is working again.

Just tested it and seems to be working fine.

Did I say Thank you?

I only tried a few vulns and debuffs and such but seems to be working again.

Thx

SL