Subject: I just found the PMs that led me to VN
Hope this is allowed since it's all going kaput happy

From: *********** 10107 posts
To: murron2 18310 posts
Date Sent: 6/22/04 12:53pm
Date Read: 6/22/04 12:54pm
Subject: Hey

Body: It was a pm to just cut back... I didn't even put anything in your notes about it. I just felt that I had had enough people contact me about it that I might as well send a pm and do something about it before someone sends a nasty pm to the one of us. You can still post off topic, just not 3 or 4 of your own threads on the front page at the same time. That goes for anyone.

I hate to see when a poster decides to leave, especially over what I think may have just been construed as a misunderstanding.

I in no way intended for you to leave because of this.

~~~

And so it began rose

Truly...

~Murron~

-----signature-----
PEACE...
it means to be in the midst
of noise, trouble and strife
and still be calm
in your heart.
Link to this post
OG_Loki
Title: *Pelvic Thrust*
Registered: Jan 26, '02
Extended Info (if available)
Real Post Cnt: 44,711
User ID: 632,990
Sounds like you overreacted.

From:*********** 10107 posts
To: murron2 18311 posts
Date Sent: 6/22/04 11:49am
Date Read: 6/22/04 11:53am
Subject: RE: Hey

Body: There's a difference between a spammer and someone who posts threads that are off topic. We've made several posts in the past few months regarding the cutting back of off topic posting somewhat. But when we have someone that almost daily creates a thread - we have to tell them to tone it down a notch or two.

Alot of people probably notice you post off topic because you put Truly in everyone one of your posts. Kinda like people remember Klink for signing ///K or someone with the drunken cat icon for their icon. When you have a distinguishing characteristic like that, people tend to pick up more on what you say. Which can be a good thing or a bad thing.

And today isn't the first time I've gotten word about your off topic posts, so it doesn't really have anything to do with the graduation thread. Hell, congrats threads like that are always more than welcome. But asking what the last human food your pet ate... that's pushing it.

~~~

Truly...

~Murron~

-----signature-----
PEACE...
it means to be in the midst
of noise, trouble and strife
and still be calm
in your heart.
Link to this post
-Foxy-
Title: Moderator
Ãœber Brat

Registered: May 29, '02
Extended Info (if available)
Real Post Cnt: 107,357
User ID: 683,944
so what WAS the last human food your pet ate confused

wink

From: *********** 10107 posts
To: murron2 18312 posts
Date Sent: 6/22/04 11:52am
Date Read: 6/22/04 11:53am
Subject: RE: And one more thing... happy

Body: Off topic posts in total - No more than half in my opinion. In management opinion, more like 10%. I usually allow 10 threads on a 50 thread page to be off topic before I start cracking down. However we strongly encourage posters not to have more than one off topic in the first 100 threads (4 pages or 2 pages depending on your display settings).

~~~

Truly...

~Murron~

-----signature-----
PEACE...
it means to be in the midst
of noise, trouble and strife
and still be calm
in your heart.
Link to this post
murron2
Title: Bloom where you are planted!
Registered: Jan 6, '02
Extended Info (if available)
Real Post Cnt: 18,004
User ID: 595,429
-Foxy- posted:
so what WAS the last human food your pet ate confused

wink

ROFL...Tossup between eggplant parm and chicken soup wink

Truly...

~Murron~

-----signature-----
PEACE...
it means to be in the midst
of noise, trouble and strife
and still be calm
in your heart.
Link to this post
rabbitslayer
Registered: Aug 26, '01
Extended Info (if available)
Real Post Cnt: 2,537
User ID: 347,811
we should spam the hell outta the MT board wink

we should spam the hell outta the MT board wink

grin

Truly...

~Murron~

-----signature-----
PEACE...
it means to be in the midst
of noise, trouble and strife
and still be calm
in your heart.
Link to this post
Silverwuf
Title: Have trike will babble
Registered: Jul 5, '01
Extended Info (if available)
Real Post Cnt: 32,296
User ID: 225,902
Their loss was our gain, Murron. happy

Silver

-----signature-----
Women who behave themselves rarely make history.
My Give-A-Damn's Busted.
http://www.thewufs.com/2003venture/motortrike.htm
Link to this post
murron2
Title: Bloom where you are planted!
Registered: Jan 6, '02
Extended Info (if available)
Real Post Cnt: 18,004
User ID: 595,429
Silverwuf posted:
Their loss was our gain, Murron. happy

Silver

It definitely happened for a reason hugs

Truly...

~Murron~

-----signature-----
PEACE...
it means to be in the midst
of noise, trouble and strife
and still be calm
in your heart.
Link to this post
Hiakisha
Title: Newbcakes
Registered: Aug 5, '03
Extended Info (if available)
Real Post Cnt: 48,221
User ID: 828,443
OG_Loki posted:
Sounds like you overreacted.

Truly...

-----signature-----
Needs Discipline ( WoW - Skullcrusher ) Earls of Sandwich ( LOTRO - Brandywine )
I wonder if that lady slam dunked it or went for the 3 point shot when she threw it in the trash. - NWK
Et tu, Ticky?
Link to this post
murron2
Title: Bloom where you are planted!
Registered: Jan 6, '02
Extended Info (if available)
Real Post Cnt: 18,004
User ID: 595,429
Hiakisha posted:
OG_Loki posted:
Sounds like you overreacted.

Truly...

Possibly...but so did a lot of other people also (who left the board and never came back after that period of 'clamping down')

Truly...

~Murron~

-----signature-----
PEACE...
it means to be in the midst
of noise, trouble and strife
and still be calm
in your heart.
Link to this post

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Powered by PHP