Author Topic: I really will miss this place.
Jennifer_the_Great
Title: Shrimp Farmer
Registered: May 6, '02
Extended Info (if available)
Real Post Cnt: 35,628
User ID: 676,008
Subject: I really will miss this place.
http://vnboards.ign.com/acfriends/b5258/116392413/p1/?52

http://vnboards.ign.com/acfriends/b5258/116392556/p1

The board header looks funny (and to be honest, it could be because I've blocked everything I could block). Other than that, all I have is that thread that could be fear mongering. If it's not and the boards are about to be nuked... This board name is about to hit it's ten year - TEN FREAKIN' YEARS - anniversary. That's a third of my lifetime. Here.

I want to thank all of you. I (like a lot of the rest of you) spent a whole hell of a lot of time here over the years. I've met plenty of people who I hope to call friend for a very long time (and luckily the majority of them are on facebook). I met my husband (fraxcat - and technically we started talking on the Wildfire 2.0 boards after Audrey and Mark went apesith and tried to sell out to the man). I had two kids. I lost one of my best friends (Stupefied), I lost my sister (who actually did play AC, not that she talked to anyone). I've met some of you in real life (and would always like to meet more, so anytime any of you are around Dallas...). I've agreed with some, argued with a lot more, greatly disliked a few.

From the sounds of things this board will not carry over - which brings to mind the line that Laris still carries in her signature: "And the children of Solclaim fled the iron fist of Eldreth (I'd substitute Mithan here, but I wouldn't say that he's ever had an iron fist), of Vault Network, and they had naught to eat but cold pizza and flat Pepsi, for they were in haste and were also forced to leave their stars behind."

If any of you are interested and use Facebook, send me a PM with your contact information. Otherwise, I'll no doubt be posting on ACF 2.0.

-----signature-----
Morality isn't a 'persona', it's a way of life. Either you have it, or you don't. - Fraxcat
Stupefied. 10/11/84 - 12/25/04 Jaclyn. 09/18/86 - 04/01/07
Link to this post
fraxcat
Registered: Apr 16, '01
Extended Info (if available)
Real Post Cnt: 11,920
User ID: 88,013
+1, I probably won't be posting on ACF 2.0 or other AC boards though. We may pop ingame if we can ever get out of poverty...mostly self-inflicted from buying too many KICK-ASS pinball machines lately and doing the corresponding fixes to them. happy

Kinda a bit weird to see them finally shutting down VN.

-----signature-----
Obey your Frax.
Double the Pleasure, Double the Frax.
Now with more arcadey goodness - Capcom Big Blue Cabinet with SF Alpha 2 and Marvel vs. Capcom
Nintendo Vs. Unisystem w/ Dr. Mario
Link to this post
Bou_Te
Title: Etymology: Latin - of the booty
Registered: Dec 26, '01
Extended Info (if available)
Real Post Cnt: 51,702
User ID: 576,850
I would like to see pictures of these pinball machines.

Strange to think that I had dinner last week with CutchaGuy and his wife. And a month or so ago dinner with BluNightbreed and his wife.

I will miss vn, even though it hasn't really been actively part of my life for a few years now.

I can still be found at wimman@gmail.com for those so inclined!

-----signature-----
"thank god for spell check! " ~Lairs Boldsnog

CLiKK cool

"far as i know i have a vagina and boobs so no hand jobs here plain " ~Arlis Bongsold
Link to this post
Bou_Te
Title: Etymology: Latin - of the booty
Registered: Dec 26, '01
Extended Info (if available)
Real Post Cnt: 51,702
User ID: 576,850
Just curious what my first text message was.

From: #remerged#_Vesper_Dragon
To: Bou_Te
Date Sent: 12/28/01 6:50pm
Date Read: 12/28/01 7:24pm
Subject: My Auction
Body: You won the plate leggings. Let me know when you want to pick em up. 15pts.

I will be in game as Vesper, or Kith Kara.

PM me here when you can get em.

-----signature-----
"thank god for spell check! " ~Lairs Boldsnog

CLiKK cool

"far as i know i have a vagina and boobs so no hand jobs here plain " ~Arlis Bongsold
Link to this post
CountOrkin
Title: Rappin Ronnie Reagan
Registered: Jul 21, '03
Extended Info (if available)
Real Post Cnt: 1,371
User ID: 824,284
frax, I told Jennifer I would resub you guys accounts for you in exchange for that Star of Ghar Un :P